Working Hard to Rebuild our National Security, Improve Economic Opportunity & Protect our Constitutional Liberties


The following information, websites, and contact information are resources to assist you with questions or concerns that veterans have about their benefits. My constituent services staff is always pleased to assist veterans in their dealings with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other government agencies. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, or need further assistance, please contact my Waco office at (254) 732-0748.

  • eBenefits - a central location for Veterans, Service Members, and their families to research, find, access, and, in time, manage their benefits and personal information.
  • How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has a detailed Inquiry Routing & Information System, to find a detailed list of toll free number to reach the VA CLICK HERE. The main VA Benefits line is 1-800-827-1000.
  • How can I get education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has a variety of education benefit programs available to veterans. To find out more information about the various educational programs CLICK HERE.
  • How can I get medical benefits?
If you served in the active military service and were separated under any condition other than dishonorable, you may qualify for VA Health Benefits. The first step in obtaining access to your VA Health Benefits is to apply. For information about applying CLICK HERE.

For additional information regarding VA Health Benefits CLICK HERE or call 1-877-222-VETS (8387).
  • How can I get a home loan?
The Department of Veterans Affairs home loan guaranties are issued to help eligible servicemembers, veterans, reservists and certain unmarried surviving spouses obtain homes, condominiums, residential cooperative housing units, and manufactured homes. You may also apply to refinance loans. For additional information or to obtain VA loan guaranty forms CLICK HERE.  
  • How can I get life insurance?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has insurance programs developed to provide benefits for veterans and service members who may not be able to get insurance from private companies because of the extra risks involved in military service, or a service connected disability. For additional information regarding insurance programs CLICK HERE.
  • How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has established the Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program to assist veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and keep jobs. To learn more CLICK HERE.
The Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) to Hire Heroes Act provides our nation's service members with the resources & assistance necessary to find good paying private-sector jobs upon their return to civilian life. To learn more CLICK HERE.
  • How can I get a copy of my military records?
The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) stores records of individual military service pertaining to former service members who no longer have a service obligation.  Included are records of veterans who are completely discharged (with no remaining reserve commitment), or who are retired or have died.  NPRC does not have records of members who are still in the active or inactive reserves or in the National Guard.

To learn more information about ordering military records (including your DD214) CLICK HERE.
  • How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served.  To learn more about obtaining military awards and decorations CLICK HERE.
  • How can I volunteer to participate in the Veterans History Project?
The Veterans History Project of the American Folklife Center collects, preserves, and makes accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans so that future generations may hear directly from veterans and better understand the realities of war. This project is the largest oral history archive of veterans in the United States. To learn more about the Veterans History Project CLICK HERE.
  • How can I nominate a veteran for the TX-17 Congressional Veteran Commendation?
In 2012, Congressman Flores  created the TX-17 Congressional Veteran Commendation to honor those veterans who have served both our nation and community honorably during their military and post-military careers. To learn more about this unique award and to nominate a deserving veteran CLICK HERE.
Veterans' facilities in the 17th District:

Waco VA Medical Center
4800 Memorial Drive, Waco, TX 76711
Phone: 254-752-6581 Or 1-800-423-2111

Veterans' Services Offices in the 17th District:

Bastrop County Veterans' Services
Elgin Chamber of Commerce
114 Central Ave., Elgin, TX 78621
Phone (512) 285-4515

Smithville City Hall
317 Main Street, Smithville, TX 78657
Phone (512) 237-3282

Brazos County Veterans' Services
200 South Texas Avenue, Suite 264, Bryan, TX 77803
Phone: (979) 361-4360

Burleson County Veterans' Services
100 W. Buck, Suite 201-A, Caldwell, TX 77836
Phone: (979) 567-6360

Freestone County Veterans' Services
800 Main St., Teague, Texas 75860 
Phone: (254) 739-2776

Leon County Veterans' Services
113 W. Main St., Centerville, TX 75833
Phone: 903-536-3666

McLennan County Veterans' Services
212 N 7th Street, Waco, Texas 76701
Phone: (254) 759-5617

Milam County Veterans' Services
204 N. Central, Cameron, Texas 76520
Phone: (254) 697-7031

Travis County Veterans' Services
100 N. IH-35, Suite 2400, Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 854-9340

Robertson County Veterans' Services
210 Cedar St, Hearne, TX  77859
Phone: (979) 280-5994

Connect with Congressman Flores on Facebook

Sorry, feed is down.

Connect with Congressman Flores on Twitter

RT @FLOTUS: On #Thanksgiving, we are reminded of the love of family & friends as we reflect upon the many blessings we have received. We ar…