The White House will send greeting cards signed by the President of the United States to commemorate special events, accomplishments or milestones free of charge to U.S. citizens. To request a greeting card from President Obama, just follow these guidelines from the White House Greetings Office:
PLEASE SUBMIT GREETING REQUESTS BY:
The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20502
Please review the following guidelines carefully before sending your request to the White House.
U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED. Your request must be received six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
ANNIVERSARY GREETINGS. Anniversary greetings are extended only to those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
BIRTHDAY GREETINGS. Birthday greetings will be sent only to people turning 80 or older or veterans turning 70 or older.
OTHER GREETINGS. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important events such as:
- Wedding (send your request after the event)
- Baby's Birth (must be born during the Barack H. Obama Administration; send request only after baby's birth)
- Eagle Scout Award
- Girl Scout Gold Award
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion
REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please include the following in your request:
- Name and home address of honoree(s)
- Form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)
- Exact date of occasion (month, day, year)
- Age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage
- Your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number
- Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address)
- Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address of baby and parents)
WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately ten (10) days prior to the event.